US of the Pelvis (complete)
LENGTH OF EXAM
This exam typically takes 30 minutes to complete.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your exam time for registration.
In women, a pelvic or abdominal ultrasound is most often performed to evaluate the bladder, ovaries, uterus, cervix, and fallopian tubes. Pelvic ultrasound exams are also used to monitor the health and development of an embryo or fetus during pregnancy. An US of the pelvis may also be used to diagnose:
- Pelvic pain
- Abnormal bleeding
- Other menstrual problems
- Identify palpable masses such as ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids
- Ovarian or uterine cancers
In men, a pelvic or abdominal ultrasound is used to evaluate the bladder, seminal vesicles and prostate. For men and women a Pelvic Ultrasound can be used to identify kidney stones, bladder tumors and other disorders of the urinary bladder.
1. Confirm Your Appointment
- Our scheduling department will call you prior to your exam to confirm your appointment and to do a medical screening interview.
- To cancel or reschedule your appointment please provide 24 hour notice (559) 256-2969.
2. What To Bring
- Please bring referral form.
- Please bring any and all insurance card(s) with you.
- Please be prepared to pay your co-payment and/or deductible upon arrival at Physicians Imaging.
3. Preparing For Your Exam
- Please wear comfortable clothing.
- Please drink 32 oz. of water 60 minutes prior to your exam. Do NOT use the restroom.